POSITION SUMMARY & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Within a timeframe of 5 years, Fashion for Good has established itself as the go-to platform for sustainable fashion innovation on a global level. As we are entering our next phase of scaling innovation and organizational maturity, we seek a Financial Controller who can undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, financial analysis and reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, cash-flow management, development of business and financial plans as well as refinement of internal control policies and procedures. A willingness to operate in a dynamic fast paced environment is a must. Strong mission-alignment towards sustainability is preferred.
Set financial policies in alignment with business goals
- Formulate appropriate financial policies that align with business goals and plans, reflect the culture of the business, and align the teams with developments in the organization.
- Support the Managing Director and the Leadership team as it relates to financials in order to dynamically run the business, identify optimal solutions, assess risk consequences and ensure budget adherence.
- Providing the array of financial information required for Supervisory Board meetings
- Proactively drive a continuous improvement regarding our financial policies and procedures
Lead the planning and control cycle
- Oversee all accounting operations including A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting, Accounting for Investments and Revenue Recognition are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Prepare quarterly closings and ensure accurate and timely VAT and CIT declarations
- Oversee and execute cash flow management, treasury and payments, including approval of invoices and completeness of revenue invoices
- Coordinate and execute the preparation of the budget and longer term financial forecasts and report variances; perform analysis on revenue, personnel and other expenses on an as needs basis
- Coordinate financial planning and modeling
- Partner with HR and support during the performance and payroll process.
Ensure Internal control and compliance
- Coordinate the preparation and review the execution of the annual report in accordance with Dutch GAAP; coordinate the annual review process with external auditor and ensure follow through on recommendations
- Monitor contracts / agreements and ensure accurate execution
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting as well as compliance with requirements such as ANBI, VAT, CIT and grant reporting
- Refine, optimize and document financial processes and accounting policies to maintain internal controls
- Oversee/review investment impairment testing.
- Refine the risk control framework and ensure monitoring and adherence to defined procedures across the organization